Tuesday, February 11, 2014

He's Crafty. And he's just my style.

What do you do when you're mega bored and there's 37' of snow on the ground?  Well. You make fake snow, of course.  Making fake snow while there's real snow outside is kind of like going to the pool when you're at the beach.  You still get to swimming, you just don't have to deal with all of the sand.  Ugh.  Sand.  Same thing with fake snow.  You still get to play with the snow, you just don't have to deal with the boots. and the pants. and the jacket. and the gloves. and the hat. and the crying...you get the point. Or I could just chalk all of this up to "sensory" play and pretend that I'm not too lazy to spend 20 minutes getting my kid bundled up to go outside for five minutes before he gets too cold and we have to come back inside and do the whole boots.pants.jacket.gloves.hat.crying dance again.  Anyway!  

I spent big bucks on this project - two whole dollars.  A can of 'sensitive' shaving cream, 'cause you know...Henry is sensitive, y'all.  And a box of baking soda.  I wasn't really sure how the whole thing was supposed to work, so I just mixed them together and acted like I knew what I was doing.  What's the worst that could happen?  

We learned that fake snow makes excellent T-Rex tracks, whisks are great at flinging 'snow' from here to Denver, and just because there is a place-mat under something doesn't necessarily mean it will keep your table clean.  Ultimately, there is no substitute for the real deal.  After a little coloring, we wound up outside anyway.  
















































He finds my hair ties around the house and likes to wear them as 'bracelets'.










































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment