Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Here We Go

If the first month of the year is any indication of what the rest of this year has in store for my family, then we'd better hold on to our hats.  It seems like the hurdles are coming closer together and higher with each jump.  What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, right?  Well, in my case it's also opened my eyes to the importance of slowing down, taking my time, and drinking in the blueness of my little boy's eyes.

Because what's important right now is the way Henry says "choo" for tractor and the way it took him nearly two years to call me Mom.  Not Mommy, or Mama....noooo, we're way too sophisticated for that.  It's Mom, with a long "m" on the end.  Mommm.  And the way he counts, "two, nine, two, nine!"  Or the way he fake snores when he's pretending to sleep.  Yep, that's happening right now.

These are some of the things that I hope to share with you by leaving Facebook behind and entering a world with more conversations and fewer status updates, less dilution and more concentration, and more love and less "liking".  Kinda like those Home Depot commercials...More Saving. More Doing.  Or something like that. 

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to send me a message of support and encouragement.  I'm blessed to call you my friends and I'm so excited about the conversations that I've had with some of you over the last 24 hours.  I'm honored that you are coming on this journey with me.  

I took these this morning while He Man enjoyed some of his birthday gifts.  Enjoy.  












































































2 comments:

  1. Precious!!! And I love the posters on the wall!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katie! My girlfriend gave them to Henry already framed and everything! She got them from her Aunt who had them hanging in her little boy's room while he was growing up!

    ReplyDelete