Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lucky Face

Today was one of those days.  Yep.  One of those days with crystal clear blue skies that go on and on to outer space.  One of those days where the sun was warm and the shade was cool, and one of those days that we have been waiting a long time for here in the Fort!  The weather has been pretty much crap here for the last, well, forever actually.  It seems like we've rounded the corner and found ourselves smack-dab in the middle of summer...finally!!  Sundresses, flip-flops, skirts, tank-tops.  Yes!  



I love summer.  Mainly because I love colors, and summer is so damn colorful you just can't help but be happy.  When was the last time you were sad on a super sunny summer day?  Exactly.  So, to celebrate such a delightful day I went on a bike ride.  Around lunchtime, I rode to Nathan's work and surprised him with watermelon.  After our snack, I rode back by the house to grab my camera.  We live about three blocks from Colorado State University, and they have an annual trial garden that is just starting to bloom and I wanted to get some pictures.  


Lucy, a wedding gift Nathan made for me.  




A few shots from around the courtyard.




We call these days "bluebird days".  



And, today, this is how I feel.  










No comments:

Post a Comment