Sunday, June 12, 2011

Through My Husband's Eyes

Call it a peak.  Call it a valley.  But when you work retail, you have to put in some hours on the weekend.  This weekend, "some" meant "all".  You wanna know how I know whether or not the weather will be awesome on the weekend?  I look at my work schedule.  If I'm supposed to work all weekend long, the weather is bound to be gorgeous.  If I'm off for the weekend, the weather is crap.  Psshhhttt.  Al Roker, you ain't got nothin' on me.  Anyway!  Nathan flew solo this weekend and I've gotta say that I'm pretty impressed with how diligent he's been.  


While I was at work on Saturday, he got both of our flowers beds tilled and plants in the ground.  He's started multiple plants from seeds, and let me just tell you...they have been a labor of love!  They started in his groovy makeshift greenhouse in the garage and they've finally graduated to the real-live ground!  As long as the critters don't get into them, we should have squash, zucchini, jalapenos, tomatoes, dill, rosemary, beans, etc, etc.  There may be some other varietals later in the growing season, but we figured this was a good start for the first garden.  When I came home from work, he'd surprised me with a new little baby charcoal grill with steaks ready to be slapped on.  I was a happy girl!


Today while I was at work, he stripped the sheets from the bed, gave 'em a wash and they're on the clothesline now just finishing their time in the sun.  Okay, so I may have hinted to him that this needed to be done - but he did it! On top of that, he went to the grocery store and picked up all of our meat for the that we needed for the next week or so.  Did I mention that steaks and veggies were on the grill now?  


Okay, okay - get on with the show, I know.  I was surprised to find that he'd snapped a few photos from his time alone this weekend and I was impressed - yet again.  He's a good kid...I think I'll keep him :)


Kate E. Bug

Pre-Tomato

Garden #1


Even the weeds are pretty.


Extreme grilling.

As I sat outside to blog, wonder-husband picked a peony for me.  :)



You know that show, "Sh*t My Dad Says".  Well, I'll leave you with, "Sh*t My Husband Says".  

"Crap.  Now, I've got to poop."


  














No comments:

Post a Comment