Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mount up!

Wanna know something really funny?  I just spent the last few minutes cleaning Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream off of my keyboard.  Know why?  Because I'm still five years old and apparently, I had no idea the carton was covered in chocolatey goodness when I picked it up to shovel it into my mouth.  True story.  Bygones!


I don't have too much to say today except that we had a ridiculously good time at the rodeo last night!  We're turning into cow pokes around here, lemme just tell you!  We met our friends Kari and Brent in Greeley, CO last night for the 89th Annual Greeley Stampede.  I wasn't really sure what to expect, except for oversized portions of fried whatever, steel contraptions held together with duct tape called "rides", and maybe some cowboys. {sigh, cowboys....} It just happened to be "tough enough to wear pink" night, so all of the cowboys (and girls) were wearing pink shirts to raise breast cancer awareness.  Pretty cool.


Much to my surprise, this was, like, a real pro-circuit rodeo with cowboys ranked, like, the best in the world and whatnot.  For most sports, I'm pretty familiar with the rules and regulations, what the object is, and how the game is played.  Well, buddy, let me just tell you something - I got learned last night.  I had absolutely no idea what the hell was going on except everything just looked like it hurt.  Bad.  Wrestling some kind of animal is just not for me, but I didn't mind watching those cowboys do it! {whistle!!}


In the next two photos, I'd like to play a little game called "Where's Waldo Nathan".




Okay, this was my favorite part.  Are you sitting down?  Adult supervision may be required for the next segment.  You've been warned...

Mutton Bustin'!!!!  Absolutely, hands-down, one of THE most ridiculous things I've ever seen in my life.  Basically, you take a toddler and dress him all up in cowboy gear, throw a helmet on the kid and set him on a sheep!  Go ahead.  You can take the time to read that again.  Yep.  You read right.  They literally take a SMALL CHILD and put him/her on a sheep and then send the sheep running down the arena to see how long the kid can hang on!  You've gotta see this for yourself.  INSANE!


Look closely.  See the kid HANGING from the sheep!  I'm still in shock. 



Crazy, right?  The rest of the night was pretty wild too...


Brent and Kari









Yes, ma'am!

Uh.  If you take your laptop to the rodeo, you might be a redneck?





Here's another good one.  Kids in a bubble trying to walk on water.  These poor twins busted face over and over and over again.  


Sittin' on top of the world with our legs hangin' free.























No comments:

Post a Comment